1. Apples are actually part of the rose family, just like pears and plums.
2. There are more than 7,500 varieties of apples grown around the world. It would take you more than 20 years to try them all if you ate one a day!
3. Apples ripen up to 10 times faster when you leave them out then when you refrigerate them.
4. Ever wondered why apples float? It’s because 25 percent of their volume is made up by air.
5.Many apples have a natural wax applied to them after they’re harvested. This isn’t just done to make them look shinier, it helps keep out bacteria and slows the ripening process.
6. Apple trees take four to five years to bear their first fruit.
7. The average person eats 65 apples each year.
8. A medium apple contains about 80 calories.
9. The average apple contains 10 seeds.
10. Apples contain malic acid, a chemical used in teeth whitening products, which helps dissolve stains.