It’s a classic in summery fruit salads (not to mention one of our favourite year-round yogurt and oatmeal toppers), well known for its antioxidant prowess and low calorie count. But some of the blueberry’s health benefits and fun facts aren’t exactly common knowledge.
- Blueberries protect against memory loss
- They can be used as a natural food dye
- The Blueberry bush is a relative of the Rhododendron and the Azalea
- There are two types of Blueberries, high bush and low bush
- Blueberries freeze in just 10 minutes
6. Blueberries have high levels of antioxidants, such as anthocyanin – the compounds that colour blueberries blue
7. The White, powdery substance on Blueberries is called “Bloom”. Bloom indicates fresh berries
Order before 10pm with us for next day delivery, also take advantage of 25% off all your orders for four weeks by using our promotion code Fr425.