Pineapples are rich in vitamins, enzymes and antioxidants. They may help boost the immune system and build strong bones. Despite their sweetness, they are low in calories.
Here are a few facts about pineapples:
- Pineapples regenerate! You can plant pineapple leaves to grow a new plant.
- Pineapples contain the bromelain enzyme which can break down proteins, so you can use them to tenderize meat.
- Pineapples take about 18-20 months to become ready to harvest.
- Pineapples ripen faster upside down.
- Pineapple plants have really pretty flowers.